Sunday, May 18, 2008

A New Adventure

The capturecincinnati.com "contest" has me more motivated to explore Cincinnati. I've lived here something like....ten or eleven years, and there are so many parts of this town that I've never seen. Like Clifton. There's a cool fountain with a statue on the corners of Clifton and Ludlow, and I've never seen it.

So, I decided to get out my map and do some exploring today!

While my hubby was at the lake sailing, I packed up Mr. Nicholas and my camera and headed for parts unknown. Our trip started out in Eden Park, and I discovered the butterfly show is going on at Krohn's [so, guess where I'll be taking the kids NEXT weekend]....

Then, we cut across town on Taft, drove around the University of Cincinnati campus briefly and found ourselves on Clifton Avenue. And voila -- we found the cool fountain on the corner of Ludlow and Clifton. Sadly, I didn't stop and take a photo! Too hard with just Nick, but now I know where to find it.


We did explore a small part of Burnet Woods by driving down Brookline Drive until it's blocked. There's this Nature Center there, and the building reminded me of this place in the Iao Valley on Maui. Nick and I took a little stroll by the lake and then headed home.

Not much for our first adventure out! Next weekend, I plan to check out the butterfly show or go to Union Terminal. All sorts of adventures we can have while Andy is off sailing....

2 comments:

Pregnancy said...

Another gorgeous picture.. so what is the purple flower over there??

Baby Information said...

Bathing is an enjoyable time between you and your baby. Your new born baby during the first six weeks does not necessarily need a full bath every day. A soft wash cloth or cotton wool and some warm water will do to clean him up.