Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Goodbye Working from Home.....

Up until now, I have been very fortunate. My current employer has allowed me to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. It's been GREAT. I obviously get that extra time with my son, but it also saves us money. Most importantly, I get that extra time with my son.... if it wasn't for working from home, then I would have missed my son rolling over for the first time!

Anyway, for various reasons, we can no longer work from home on a regular or scheduled basis. That means, my poor baby will spend five days a week in day care. I suppose it could be worse. I'm glad I did have the time to "ease" him into a full time schedule versus dumping him into full time day care at three months.

When I talked to the day care about putting Nick in full time, they mentioned that the numbers worked out well, because another mom was putting her son in part time. I think it's Nick's little friend, Leo. His mom mentioned working part time -- lucky her!

No comments: