Friday, March 23, 2007

Silly Baby

So, Nick Knack turns 7 months in two days. And he's changed a lot over the months [which, of course, is supposed to happen!]. I thought I would strip the poor thing down to his nappy and take some fun photos....partly, because my mom has been demanding them and partly because I needed some new shots for the Web site. And it was a nice, warm day, so I knew he wouldn't get chilled being half naked.

Well....let me tell you WHAT! I got some great shots! I just started snapping away and let Nick be Nick. What a little character....he's going to be such a riot when he starts talking! I can't wait to hear what comes out of his silly brain.

These two photos are from our informal "photo shoot." Two of my favorites. And YES, I immediately sent several to my mom, so she could print them out for the fridge. I, on the other hand, have added the Mr. Flirty shot above to my computer as the wallpaper. Now, if I'm having a bad day, I can minimize all my programs and laugh at that precious face. Either that, or I'll head to youtube.com and watch his videos.

Speaking of videos.....I have one of an insane Robin bashing itself against one of our windows for hours. I kid you not. This STUPID bird start flying into one of our large picture windows around 8:00 a.m. By 9:00, I was filming it. I couldn't believe the thing was still at it!! I filmed it off and on for about 45 minutes! The entire time, it's alternating between flying into the window and sitting on a tree limb, staring at the window. No idea why this bird would even want to slam into the window over and over.......did we owe it money or something? Seriously, what the HELL?

Finally, around 11:00, it had slowed down to a crash into the window every fifteen minutes. At this point, I had to run into work and then pick up our tax documents. This took several hours since I had Nicholas in tow, and he was very popular with the ladies. When I got back, that freak of a bird was STILL sitting in the tree right outside this window. And sure enough....I got into the house and heard a little bird mass slam against the window.

And no, I am not some sick, inhumane person.....I did go out several times and try to "shoo" away this blasted bird. It really was.....thump......getting annoying.....thump.....hearing this bird slam......thump, thump......itself against the.....thump......window.......

Didn't work. It kept coming back.

In fact, another Robin flew over, and the two of them went at it. I can only imagine what the new Robin was thinking....you know, if it was capable of complex thought.....Hey, dumb ass.....quit slamming into that window. You look like an idiot! And you're making Robins look bad....

FINALLY, the bird took off when it started to rain. We shall see if this crazy creature returns tomorrow for another day of window thumping.

No comments: