Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Happy St. Patty's....I Guess

I was a little late coming up with some St. Patty's Day designs. I ADMIT IT. I really should have had them out on my site several weeks ago, but I haven't had much luck with the seasonal designs. I don't know why. I sell a few Christmas/Winter items, but that's about it.

Well, I was trolling the Cafepress forums and came across a discussion regarding March sales. For the love of GOD.....one shopkeeper was cleaning UP! He'll probably make more in March than I will all year. And from what I could tell, it was all St. Pat's stuff.

That got me thinking....hmmmm....maybe I should add some Irish and St. Patrick's Day designs. So, I did. I tried to be all creative and use Gaelic for some.....not a single sale. I have sold a couple of my "O'Baby, We've Got a Wee One on the Way" which is kinda St. Pat-ish, but that was it. And I really thought some of them were pretty good!

So, what is the lesson for today, kiddies? Either (a) skip holiday/seasonal designs or (b) get your designs out EARLY. I suppose I'll give it one more try next year, but if nothing sells again, then I am going cold turkey on the holiday stuff....

No comments: