Saturday, February 3, 2007

Baby Fingernails Can Do Evil

During my pregnancy, I purchased a massage gift certificate at a discount. A local radio station was offering $50 gift certificates for only $25. Such a deal! So, I bought one with plans to use it once the baby arrived and pamper myself.

Anyway, I noticed it was about to expire on 2/9/07, so I booked my appointment for this weekend. Although I'm still fighting the evil phlegm beast, I thought I would go and make the best of it.

Well, the massage was GREAT! It was at this place called Cincy Massage, and I had Patricia. If you live in Cincinnati, check them out. I'll definitely be going back to see her! She did a regular massage and used some of the hot stones at the end, and that was a new treat for me. I felt so good after my massage!

Ran a few more errands afterwards -- heck, the girls had two friends over, so I thought I would spare myself the house full of kids and let the massage glow continue as long as possible. Plus, I was in dire need of black shoes anyway. I had worn my favorite two pairs to the point that they were squeaking!

After another two hours of running around, I got home. After unloading my buys, I went to greet my baby....ACK!!!!! WHY DID HE HAVE BIG, RED GASHES ON HIS POOR LITTLE HEAD??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!???

Turns out, his little fingernails were in need of a serious trim, and he had scratched himself pretty badly right in the middle of his forehead. I swear, I cut his nails almost every other day, but those suckers grow FAST, and they can obviously cause great damage to such an adorable face.

I have learned my lesson. I will cut his nails daily, if I must, in order to prevent such injury to my poor, sweet baby. Thankfully, he's a trooper....the kid can take four shots in a row and barely cry. I guess a gouge to the forehead isn't going to stop him. Doesn't mean I don't feel like the worst mom right now......

No comments: