Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it....You Get it....

So, when they predict snow, they mean SNOW. The flakes started falling around noon and haven't let up in over 6.5 hours! I haven't seen this much snow in a looooooong time....and for once, I ain't complaining! To me, no snow is a good thing.

See, I'm not really a snow person. Or a cold weather person. It's pretty and all, but I hate driving in it. It freaks me out. So, if I can stay inside and not go anywhere, then I'm all for the white stuff.

I worked from home today, because I feared this crazy snow. Two years ago, we got a lot of snow, and my 30 minute drive home took almost three hours. No way was I going through that again. Plus, the hubby was supposed to fly out to Baltimore, so if anything happened to me, then there was no Plan B for picking up the bambino. No thank you, I'll stay close to home and work remotely. Ain't technology grand?

Speaking of the hubby -- it took him something like four hours to get to the airport in Dayton, and he missed his flight. He's currently on his way home in this mess. I suspect we'll see him sometime before Nicholas heads off for college....

This is actually our second noteworthy snow this Winter [although the first snow was a dusting compared to this one]. I introduced Nicholas to the cold, white, wet stuff last time it came down. We went outside, and I took his little, precious hand and placed it into some snow on a tree branch. I thought, for sure, he'd stick a handful of snow in his mouth.

Nope! He had no interest then, and I suspect he'll have no interest this time. I plan to try again....for fun. See if he's curious about the white stuff.

So, "Lost" is one of my favorite shows. I've been having withdrawal, but it is starting up again tomorrow. Can someone answer me this....what NUMB NUT at ABC thought it would be a good idea to move "Lost" from the 9:00 p.m. slot to the 10:00????? Thank God for DVR....but really, who made that bonehead decision and why do they still have a job.....?

Did I mention we got some snow......?

No comments: