Monday, February 5, 2007

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Oh my GOD, it's cold! My car tells me how cold it is, and it said 1 this morning. ONE! ONE DEGREE. If this wasn't a "PG" blog, I'd probably throw in some colorful language between the "ONE" and "DEGREE." It felt like it, too. And yes, I'm aware that I live in OHIO, not HAWAII, and this sort of weather is to be expected in FEBRUARY. But STILL....that doesn't mean I'm not going to complain about it!

So, de Bears lost yesterday.....speaking of complaining! Oh well, I guess I should have expected it. And a Colts fan I dislike is celebrating, I'm sure. Blah, blah, blah, phooey. I'm in a mood. I'm sure it's due to the evil Phlegm Beast that kept me coughing last night and this BLASTED COLD WEATHER.

I packed lunches for the girls last night. I've never done that before. Pathetic, I know. Their mother packs lunches, but we usually just buy the school lunch for them. I should mention that I have two step daughters named Taylor [10] and Sarah [soon to be 6]. They are from my husband's previous marriage.

Anyway, I thought I would surprise the girls by packing a fun lunch. I made some fettuccine with a garlic and basil tomato sauce and organic, free range, hormone-free meatballs. Sounds good doesn't it? I should be in Marketing.....wait.....I AM in Marketing.

And, you know, that sentence makes it sound like there are free range meatballs out there, roaming the prairies or something! As usual, I digress with my odd sense of humor....

In addition to this fabulous pasta and meat mixture, I packed cinnamon applesauce, chocolate pudding, a bag of those fishy crackers [which I personally think are nasty!], a piece of buttered garlic bread and some candy. I made sure to include plastic spoons and forks and a cute little blue gingham napkin. I'm such a domestic Goddess.....when I try!

Hopefully, they enjoy their cold pasta. I made sure to include a lovely variety of food items....so, I am sure they won't starve! The girls are good eaters, and I know they often complain of being hungry during the day at school. Honestly, I think they were both the most excited about the candy I packed! Truth be known.....Twizzlers has a powerful hold on Taylor.....

I did forget the "I hope you have a wonderful day, and I love you to pieces" note, though. :( Next time! I'll remember it next time. After all, I am new to this lunch packing gig.

No comments: