Tuesday, February 27, 2007

You Inspire Me

Many times, when I'm talking about a new design, somebody will ask, "Where do you come up with these ideas???" Wow, there is no one answer for that. I get ideas from all over the place. Some make sense, and some are O-D-D. Many happen in the shower when I go into auto pilot and have nothing else to think about......

For example, I might get an idea from something I read or a TV show. Some character will say something funny, and it will trigger an idea. Or somebody I know will say something, and it will trigger an idea. Or I'll see a design used in another context. I am always trying to keep myself open to ideas, because you never know where the next one will come from and how you can use it.

Whenever I release a new design, I'm always excited to see it sell. And sometimes, I'll only sell one which is okay. But it's nice to see many sales -- especially when it's a design I really like or found particularly funny. I like to see other's with my odd sense of humor.

My daddy designs have been my big sellers, so I've been trying to think of some new options there. I'm really having to put my creative thinking cap on here.....so, I'll be curious to see if I've done well and if any of the new designs start to sell. The latest are about baseball. Sports and producing child seem to somehow relate.....He Shoots. He Scores.......Got One Past the Goalie.....Got One Through the Uprights....and now we have Hit a Homer and Homerun. I suppose I have all the major sports covered!

No comments: